Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Game Night Light 2

The second weekly game night was something I intended this for on some nights: work.

Not that beer wasn't involved.

After that, I wanted to organize my newly painted miniatures from my long winter project. That project lasted about 4 months and cut through almost all of my painting backlog. I painted a lot.

Almost all of the bags in the center are painted and need mounting. Some are unpainted as extras. And some that I need to spray paint await this summer but aren't on the table.

On the left are modern armor plus the start on mounting Crusaders.

In the middle are World War II ships and Spanish-American War ships. 


On the right are World War II armor plus American Civil War in the back. 

Amazing that this is about 45 years worth of collecting. Laid out in one place it doesn't look like that much!

I really do have lots of mounting to do for the miniatures. I started a remount of my modern and World War II infantry plus the Crusader era stuff. And a small amount of Civil War support units and artillery.

And as I organized the miniatures and reboxed them, I decided that I need to glue the small vehicles turrets on their hulls. They are pointless for rotating and honestly I'm starting to forget some of the vehicles that I used to recognize and match hulls to turrets so easily. So that's another job.

Anyway, the project took me 4.5 hours, so over my time limit. And required an after-game night beer to de-stress.

I hope most game nights aren't this much work, but I really like setting aside time for this even if nobody can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments, but please keep it clean. If I notice something amiss, I will remove the comment.