Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Game Night Light 3

With a new in-person monthly Catan game night coming up soon, I decided weekly game night this week would be a work evening if nobody could attend. I remembered that the last real world Catan game showed missing pieces as the result of my initial work to divide up pieces into basic, expansion, and mega versions. I didn't realize how much work I had to do to make the mega version work!

It took 2-1/2 hours but the basic game is complete:

The expansion kit for 5-6 players is now set:

And the mega-expansion kit is now created and set:


The major thing I had forgotten for the mega set was the additional circular pieces indicated resource strength for the extra hexagons. So I used blank extra pieces. Otherwise I just had to settle on what extra cards to add. And write down the specifics for the revised "second breakfast" build phases and points needed to win in mega versions.

I think we can handle 10 players if we had to.

And I am thinking that along with the "player poop" I will try a smaller "second breakfast player poop" to remind players of that build phase opportunity coming up.

Woo! So June game night with Catan can handle any likely attendance now.

Although I'd have to resort to some stools in lieu of a full chair set. If we can fit around the table ... 

Well, one problem at a time, eh?

Weekly game night is working out. But next week will definitely be playing a game, regardless of who shows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments, but please keep it clean. If I notice something amiss, I will remove the comment.