Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Game Night Light 12

I had the weekly game night and beer exchange yesterday, continued into today. Game night involved preparing to finally complete my decades-old plan to make the board game Caesar, about the Battle of Alesia, into a 3-D game.

The immediate project was to paint the four groups of Heroics and Ros miniatures I ordered years ago from Britain: Roman regulars, Roman recruits and auxiliaries, interior Gaul forces, and exterior Gaul forces.


In the waning days of summer, I hauled out my last shandy for the drinking part. 

On the prior weekly game night I sorted the miniatures after calculating what I would need to replace the game counters

This week, with tacky yellow stuff I mounted the figures on paper in order to put them on the cardboard for spray painting dark green, light green, red, and pink. I spray painted outside, of course.

This was the result of part of the mounting effort, showing the largest contingent of the exterior Gauls ready for painting:


The next day in daylight, I spray painted them:


My plan is this winter I will mount the miniatures on the counter replacement stands I made and printed on cardboard stock, complete the 3D terrain, and build the Roman fortification lines. Hopefully I have enough balsa wood for the latter. And if I don't, fingers crossed that I have a working car again by then!

Once completed, it will be a board game using miniatures for the pieces which won't change the game but will hopefully make the game more tense with more of a feel of miniatures. 

Next week will involve playing a game even if it is a solo game night. Note that this game could never be a weekly game night candidate because it takes too darned long to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments, but please keep it clean. If I notice something amiss, I will remove the comment.