Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Game Night Light 5

Yesterday was a weekly game night. I was looking forward to seeing if I could play a solitaire game from high school that I really like.

It is a corps- and army-level game of the end of World War II in Europe. The last 5 months, basically.

And then the power died around here just as I was about to start. So I ran to the refrigerator, grabbed a beer before leaving it shut until power is restored, and went to Plan B:


This game is at least one that I figured we could play for weekly game night. I read the rules in the fading light and filled out two aircraft data sheets for a one-on-one dogfight.

After refreshing myself on the rules from many decades, I set up the board and two planes. But I just didn't feel like playing in fading light.

So I gave it up and downloaded Peacock TV to finish watching Warehouse 13 before it goes away in a few days.

And then, after over an hour my power came back. And then died. And then came back after another 20 minutes, or so.

At that point my desire to play evaporated and I just watched the TV show's last two episodes.

Oh well, I'll play both of these games one day. This goes on every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't moderate comments, but please keep it clean. If I notice something amiss, I will remove the comment.